Vampire facial is the nickname that has been coined by the beauty industry. This facial is called platelet-rich plasma (PRP) facial or therapy. It is a treatment that involves microneedling followed by the application of platelet-rich plasma or PRP on your skin.
The PRP is extracted from your blood. The blood is rich in platelets that have extremely high levels of growth factors. When applied to your skin, these growth factors help in boosting cell turnover rate. The growth factors boost collagen and elastin production and increase the skin’s hydration levels. They also infuse your skin with antioxidants. This procedure also improves the absorbing power of your skin – which means your skin can absorb other skin care products better.
Here’s what happens when you go for a vampire facial or PRP facial:
- the skin care professional will first draw out blood from your body.
- They will then extract platelets from your blood. They spin the blood at a fast pace using a centrifuge to separate its layers. The plasma rich in platelets is extracted from it.
- A numbing cream will be applied to your face to make the procedure more tolerable; almost not painful.
- These platelets are then applied to your skin through microneedling or microdermabrasion. When the platelets are applied, they trick your skin into thinking that it is injured, making it produce more collagen.
PRP. Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
is a concentrate of platelet-rich plasma protein derived from the whole blood after it has been processed by spinning in a centrifuge to remove the red cells. The PRP has a greater concentration of growth factors than the whole blood. And growth factors are what our cells make that can help tissue heal and repair, which means it can help with all sorts of skin issues.
the growth factors boost collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid development and enhance the skin’s elasticity.
This procedure helps to:
- Improve the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
- Improve your skin texture
- Reduce the size of the skin pores
- Improve the appearance of acne scars
- Improve the plumpness of your skin
- Give you a youthful glow and smooth skin
- Improve the effectiveness of skin care products